Bitcoin ETFs, The 'Hedge Fund King' In Crypto, Pointless CBDC + More News
- Asset manager Melanion Capital has obtained approval from Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France’s securities regulator, for an exchange-traded fund (ETF) tracking an index with up to 90% correlation with the price of bitcoin (BTC), according to ETF Strategy. Set to list on Euronext Paris in the coming weeks, the Melanion BTC Equities Universe UCITS ETF will track the manager’s proprietary Melanion Bitcoin Exposure Index.
- Asset manager Invesco has filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to list an ETF with exposure to BTC futures and other related assets. However, they have stressed that they would not be investing into BTC directly.
- Crypto market intelligence company Messari sai it has raised USD 21m in Series A funding led by the "hedge fund king" Steve Cohen's Point72 Ventures. The investment will be used to help the company expand the global reach of its products, grow its engineering and research teams, and introduce new offerings that streamline participation in decentralized projects and their communities. As part of the transaction, Adam Carson, an operating partner at Point72 Ventures, has joined the Messari board of directors. Messari is Point72 Ventures’ first investment in the crypto space.
- Protocol for collateral-free lending TrustToken has raised USD 12.5m in a funding round led by investor Blocktower. The funds will be used to scale their platform TrueFi and for strategic hiring.
- Digital asset management company CoinShares said its total comprehensive income for the first half of 2021 reached GBP 58.7m (USD 81.7m), or 460% more than a year ago. Their second quarter was the strongest interim performance in the company’s history, and they added that this has been primarily driven by bitcoin and ethereum (ETH) prices reaching all-time highs in April and May 2021, respectively.
- Coinbase has purchased the crypto Application Programming Interface (API) Zabo. The integration will see Zabo continuing to work as the API tool for connecting to any crypto exchange, wallet, protocol, or account, the announcement said.